Today, I was up pretty early. Well, I didn’t really sleep much at all. I blame the chai tea latte I got from the Alley Cat at 9:30 last night….
Nonetheless, I thought I would do a quick post of things that have been on my mind this week:
1. There are some boys that help you restore your faith in chivalry. If you are like me and don’t like feeling like the damsel in distress all the time, chivalry is a hard concept to grasp. Sometimes you just have to drop your pride and let yourself be that damsel. You learn just how many people actually care about you.
2. The CW has been killing it with their TV shows lately (well, maybe not “iZombie”)! Both “The Flash” and “Arrow” have been so, so good! If you are a fan of either, the twists and turns they have been throwing our way have been absolutely mind-blowing. I don’t know how that network has consistently good TV shows year after year. Kudos to the writers.
3. Two words: PAPER. TOWNS. I am about halfway through this book, and I am so hooked on it. The only negative is that I keep seeing Cara Delevingne and Nat Wolff as their characters, Margo and Quentin. I blame seeing the trailer for the movie before starting to read the book. If you are a fan of John Green, young adult fiction or “The Fault in Our Stars,” it is a must read.
4. Easter (we call it Pascha) is already NEXT SUNDAY. Where has Lent gone? Better yet, where is the year going (did I mention the other shocking fact that I have 5 weeks of classes left for this year?)?
5. Looking outside my window and seeing the cloudy, cold weather is kind of killing my vibe today. It makes me want to stay under the covers all day. Too bad I have a booked day today. Only Colorado can tease that it is summer on Monday and winter on Thursday.
6. I have been doing homework late (and by late I mean after midnight) with friends for 2 days now this week. Who am I? Though it is not so much a social hour, it beats doing homework by yourself. I have been enjoying it a lot, something I haven’t done so much of during my last two years of college.
There are my 6 somewhat random thoughts this morning. Have a great Thursday!
P.S. – the photo is probably my favorite photo ever taken from the Anastasi service when I was back in high school. It captures the essence of the service perfectly. I found it the other day for my project, and am super excited to feature it!